Sunday, December 25, 2022

Spiced Butter Cookies: snowflakes

 
This is the same recipe I used last November for these fall leaves.  


In fact, it's the same batch -- I saved out two thirds of the dough and froze it so that I had it to use for Christmas cookies.  That quantity of dough yielded about 3 dozen cookies.  (I actually baked only 29 cookies, but after all was said and done,  I realized I still had about 3/4 cup of dough in the refrigerator.)  The recipe is supposed to make 6 dozen, but I didn't roll either batch quite thinly enough for that.

I used a 3-inch cookie cutter and sprinkled the cookies with sparkling sugar before baking.  Based on my experience with the leaves, I watched the bake time carefully and didn't let them get too firm.  I also did not use an insulated baking pan.  They came out perfectly.

Although I still think they taste a lot like graham crackers.



No comments:

Post a Comment