Monday, April 5, 2021

Almond Rose Cake Mix Cupcakes

I rarely use mixes -- I don't see the point if it's just a standard item.  I bought this one because of the unusual flavor.  I'm not sure where I got it, but it doesn't matter because neither the product nor the company exist anymore, sadly enough.  It was tasty, and I would have bought it again.

4 tablespoons melted butter
2 large eggs
3/4 cup milk
cake mix
buttercream frosting (optional)

Whisk together the melted butter with the eggs and milk, then add the cake mix and mix until combined. Bake at 350F. Frost as desired with buttercream.

It's called a quickbread, but it's sweet enough to be cake; I made cupcakes instead of a loaf.  I suppose they called it that because it didn't come with any sort of frosting, but it didn't need any.  However, this being a birthday treat, I frosted and decorated a few just for fun.


Conclusion:  Both the almond and the rose flavor were very subtle.  In fact, I'm not sure I picked up on the rose at all.  Mostly it seemed like a rich vanilla cake, moist, with a firm texture, much like pound cake.  I'm disappointed it's no longer on the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment